Welcome to our Fall Run & Gun series, focused on fundamental and skill development with scrimmages and game scenarios built into each training session. This clinic series is designed for players with some experience, and has proven to be one of the best ways for players to rapidly enhance their skills.
- Players are responsible for all of their own gear & water. Players must have a helmet, mouthpiece, stick, gloves & arm pads to be eligible to play each day.
- Players are also required to bring their own water bottle (clearly labeled) and their own shorts & reversible jersey.
- In an effort to keep costs down, we are not purchasing uniforms, but will do our best to provide reversibles to players who need one.
Field Location & Details:
- These clinics take place in the Foothill Ranch Community Park hockey rinks.
- The surface of the rink is concrete - so it's important that players wear appropriate shoes (running, cross training or basketball shoes preferred)
General Outline for Session Plans:
- The first half of each session will consist of stick-work, warm ups and skill-specific training.
- The second half of each session will be focused around a series of drills developing one specific aspect of the game (fast breaks, offense, defense, shooting, unsettled scenarios, etc.) and scrimmage/pick-up style playing.
- We will split the players into different teams every day and allow the players some time to play. The intention here is to let them apply what they’ve learned while allowing them the time to be creative and have fun with the game.
- Teams will be changed every practice, though we may try to craft specific teams toward the end of season to create some additional competition.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Until we are given the ok from state & local authorities, all sessions will focus on individual skills & technique - there will not be any contact-based scenarios until further notice.
- Players will suit up outside of the rinks and keep their bags separate from one another.
- Start times are staggered to allow for limiting the amount of players and families in attendance.
- Parents encouraged to wait in their car during the clinics.
- Each age group is capped at a maximum of 12 players!