This Winter we are offering a fun, fast-paced opportunity for our players to compete in a 3v3 Tournament series we're calling the Rebels Cup!
We're forming 5-player teams to compete in a 7-week tournament of short-field, 3v3 games. Players will practice stickwork, game scenarios and conditioning on Tuesdays, then compete 3-4 different 15 minute each week on Thursday nights. These games will be fast-paced - featuring three 5-minute periods, with short breaks between periods.
Players can register as individuals, in small groups or together as a 5-person team.
We'll be keeping track of standings for teams each week and will end with a playoff and championship during our final week.
This league is open to teams of boys & girls and will be a no-contact league, played with minimal gear (helmets & gloves only) and tennis balls - with the intention of developing stick skills, off-ball movement, field awareness and endurance - while still allowing teams to compete for the first REBELS CUP!
- I don't have a group of 5 - can I register by myself, or with a partner?
- Absolutely. We'll build out our teams as soon as we can. Some groups will want to play with friends, others will get grouped together in teams of 5 by division/grade level. When you register, you can select a team to join, let your friend know which team you signed up for and they can do the same. Space is limited though so we cannot guarantee the teams.
- Can we enter a full team of 5 to play together?
- Yes! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make those arrangements. Space will be limited!
- How much experience do I need to play?
- This is a competitive league. There will be players with several years of experience, as well as players with very limited lacrosse experience. We're thinking this will be a great chance for players of all levels to gain competitive experience.
- Is this boys or girls lacrosse rules?
- Since this is a non-contact league on a small field, the rules will be a bit different. We'll be playing with modified boys rules. Since we typically run a boys program in the OCLA - all players will be required to wear a helmet and gloves, and training on Tuesdays will utilize mostly boys drills. That said - we're hoping to build a girls program - so all are welcome!
- What is the policy for refunds?
- Since we'll be building out very small teams of 5, we're relying on all registered players to participate. Therefore, we will not issue refunds for this league for any reason.
- How will this league conform with social distancing guidelines?
- Field capacity and team size is limited to ensure ample space on the field.
- Training sessions (Tuesdays) will be primarily focused on individual skills & drills where players can be distanced.
- Tourney sessions (Thursdays) will be a non-contact league with a maximum of 6 players on a small field at a time.
- What if there is another field closure due to Covid?
- If we are forced to cancel this league prior to the start of the season (on 1/12), we will offer refunds or the option to defer your registration to a future season. If we begin the season and are forced to close in the middle of the season, we will offer prorated refunds.